Our Statement of Beliefs, Practices and Virtues (Part 4 of 6) – (581 words)
(Think, Act and Be like Jesus)
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5: 17).
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” (John 20: 23).
B. THE TREE: With our Practices, We Act like JESUS
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” (John 14: 23).
Jesus replied, ” Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22: 37-39).
6. LIVING SACRIFICE – “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship.” (Romans 12: 1).
We dedicate and commit our lives to God’s purposes, honor and glory.
7. SPIRITUAL COMMUNITY – “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (1 Peter 2: 9).
We are part of the body of Christ. And we fellowship with other true Believers to accomplish God’s purposes in our lives, in the lives of others, and in the world.
8. SPIRITUAL GIFTS – “Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.” (Romans 12: 4-6).
God freely gives us gifts. Each one of us know our spiritual gifts and we gladly use these to fulfill God’s purposes, to advance His Kingdom and to serve other people. We all aim to hear this from our Master – God, “Well done, good and faithful servant!”
9. PROSPERITY and GIVING – “But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth…” (Deuteronomy 8: 18). “But just as you excel in everything – in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us – see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” (2 Corinthians 8: 7).
God is our source and provider. We give our resources, money, time, and effort to support and fulfill God’s purposes and to love others.
10. SHARING OUR FAITH or EVANGELISM – “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28: 19-20).
Since we know that we are sinners saved by grace and totally forgiven by God, we became lovers of people, sharing our faith and hope of eternal life in Heaven with them. We are Jesus Christ’s Ambassadors of reconciliation.
It’s all about JESUS CHRIST – our LORD and our GOD. (John 20: 28). To GOD be all glory!