Our Statement of Beliefs, Practices and Virtues (Part 5 of 6) – (565 words)
(Think, Act and Be like Jesus)
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5: 17).
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” (John 20: 23).
C. THE FRUIT: With our Virtues, We are Becoming like JESUS
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12: 2).
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace. patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5: 22-23).
With the Holy Spirit in us and leading us, living our lives like Jesus Christ is absolutely, positively the best way to live – now and forever. In sum, we want to BE LIKE JESUS and to share His abundant life in us to others.
6. FAITHFULNESS – “Well done good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness.” (Matthew 25: 21).
We have established a good name with God and other people based on our loyalty and commitment to these relationships.
7. GENTLENESS – “Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.” (Philippians 4: 5).
We are considerate, thoughtful and calm in our dealings with others.
8. SELF-CONTROL – “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope – the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.”. (Titus 2: 11-13).
We have the power through Jesus Christ to control ourselves – our tongues, our minds, our hearts, our hands, and our wills. We let the Holy Spirit in us leads and guides our lives.
9. HUMILITY – “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than others. Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also the interests of others.” (Philippians 2: 3-4).
As children of God with gratitude, honesty and courage to serve, we choose to esteem others above ourselves.
10. HOPE – “But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5: 8-9).
We believe in our hearts that the New Heaven and the New Earth are our eternal destinies because He – God – who promised these to us is faithful, true and trustworthy. And we share our hope, which is 100% sure, to others.
It’s all about JESUS CHRIST – our LORD and our GOD. (John 20: 28). To GOD be all glory!
References: The Bible (NIV) and Randy Frazee’s “THINK, ACT, BE LIKE JESUS”