Our Statement of Beliefs, Practices and Virtues (Part 3 of 6) – (542 words)
(Think, Act and Be like Jesus)
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5: 17).
“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” (John 20: 23).
B. THE TREE: With our Practices, We Act like JESUS
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” (John 14: 23).
Jesus replied, ” Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22: 37-39).
1. FAITH – “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11: 1). “The righteous will live by faith”. (Romans 1: 17).
The object of our faith is Jesus Christ only – who He is and what He has done for us – and we express it in our thoughts, in our words, in our feelings, and in our actions.
2. WORSHIP – “Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.” (Psalm 95: 6-7).
Only God is worthy of our worship. We worship God for who He is, praise and thank Him for what He has done and will do for us.
3. SINGLE-MINDEDNESS – “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6: 33).
Jesus is our Savior and LORD / King. He is our righteousness. We focus on God – doing things that are pleasant to Him and good things pursue us.
4. PRAYER – “Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!” (Psalm 66: 20).
Prayer is our need or dependence on God, our dialogue and communion with our Best Friend – to worship and praise Him, to know Him and His will, to find direction for our lives, to lay our requests before Him, and to thank Him.
5. BIBLE STUDY – “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” (Hebrews 4: 12).
The Bible is God’s Word. We study the Bible to know God and His truth, and to find wisdom and direction for our daily lives. Since about one-fourth of the Bible is prophecy (of which approximately half of these prophecies have already been fulfilled in a literal way), it is evident that God intended to plainly unveil the glorious future and His noble plans and purposes for us, Believers.
References: The Bible (NIV) and Randy Frazee’s “THINK, ACT, BE LIKE JESUS”