BITE-SIZE SOULFOOD #15
JESUS IN THE BIBLE (New Testament)
The Bible is the story about God, Man, Sin, and Jesus Christ – the redemption of mankind from the slavery to sin and to Satan.
In the Old Testament, we find the Covenant (agreement) of Law that God made with Israel. And in the New Testament, we find the Covenant of Grace that God made for all people – you and me.
If the Bible is a building, the Old Testament is the foundation while the New Testament is the superstructure. The New is in the Old contained, while the Old is in the New explained.
And if the 39 books of the Old Testament can be summarized in 1 word, it would thus be: MESSIAH (Prophet, High Priest and Divine King in 1 Person). Likewise, if the 27 books of the New Testament can be expressed in 1 word, it would thus be: JESUS (God saves).
Thus, the whole Bible means: God saves (JESUS) you and me through The Prophet, The High Priest, and The Divine King (MESSIAH).
Jesus Christ declared, “in the volume of the book (Bible) it is written about Me.” (Hebrews 10: 7, Luke 24: 44). Here’s Jesus Christ in the New Testament of the Bible:
1. Matthew – Written for the Jews, Jesus Christ is King, The Promised Messiah
2. Mark – Written for the Romans, Jesus is depicted as Servant of God
3. Luke – Written for the Greeks, Jesus is set forth as perfect Man – Son of Man
4. John – Written for all people, Jesus is portrayed as God – Son of God
5. Acts – Jesus as Living Lord
6. Romans – Jesus as Our Righteousness
7. 1 Corinthians – Jesus as Our Lord
8. 2 Corinthians – Jesus as Our Sufficiency
9. Galatians – Jesus as Our Liberty
10. Ephesians – Jesus is Our All in All
11. Philippians – Jesus is our Joy
12. Colosians – Jesus is our Life
13. 1 Thessalonians – Jesus is The Coming One
14. 2 Thessalonians – Jesus is our Returning Lord
15. 1 Timothy – Jesus is our Teacher
16. 2 Timothy – Jesus is our Example
17. Titus and Philemon – Jesus is our Pattern; Our Lord and Master
18. Hebrews – Jesus as Our Intercessor at the Throne
19. James – Jesus is Our Model or Pattern
20. 1 Peter – Jesus as The Precious Cornerstone of our Faith
21. 2 Peter – Jesus as our Strength
22. 1, 2, 3 John – Jesus is Our Life; the Truth; the Way
23. Jude – Jesus is our Keeper
24 Revelation – Jesus is our Triumphant King
Now, Who is Jesus Christ to you?
If Jesus Christ is not your Savior and Lord who will bring you to Heaven someday(John 3: 16-18, Ephesians 2: 8-9), then He will be your Judge who will consign you in a company and place you will abhor forever. (Revelation 20: 7-15).
When you (or your friend) absolutely, positively want to be with God in Heaven someday, then this awesome book, “How to Get to HEAVEN Someday, Forever”, is for you. Grab it now by simply texting 0917-5103577. Thank you.