2 BITE-SIZE SOULFOOD #10
7 JUDGMENTS OF GOD
“So you also must BE READY, because the Son of Man (Jesus Christ) will come at an hour when you do not expect him.” (Matthew 24: 44).
Better be prepared now, than be sorry for all eternity, right?
1. While God is love, He is also holy, righteous, and just. God loves sinners, but He hates and punishes sins.
2. And whether we like it or not, all of us must surely attend these 3 key Appointments in the future: Death, Resurrection and Judgment.
3. Right now, are you 100% sure on which God’s Judgment will you attend someday? Would it be an Evaluative Judgment or a Punitive Judgment?
And, would you like to change your Judgment by God to be the best one? That is, hearing God commends you, “Well done, good and faithful servant!” (Matthew 25: 21).
B. 7 GOD’S JUDGMENTS
Here are the 7 Judgments of God for all people:
1. The Judgment Seat of Chist (2 Corinthians 5: 10) – An evaluative Judgment, it is for Church-age Believers only.
After the Rapture (Jesus snatching all Believers to Heaven in a twinkling of an eye as described in 1 Corinthians 15: 50-55), all Believers in Jesus Christ – from the time of Pentecost up to the Rapture – will appear before the judgment seat of Christ in Heaven for reward and loss of reward. This Judgment is based on their lives, ministry and service for the Lord God.
Like the Awarding Ceremonies during Olympic Games, the Crowns that will be given by Lord Jesus Christ to deserving, faithful and prepared Believers are:
a. The Incorruptible Crown (1 Corinthians 9: 24-27) – This reward is for anyone who consistently practice self-discipline, self-control and strict training to win the prize in performing his/her God-given purpose in life – just like what a top Olympic runner aims and does.
b. The Crown of Righteousness (2 Timothy 4: 8) – This reward goes to those who eagerly look forward to the Lord’s coming, keep the faith and live rightheous lives, in view of this sure event.
c. The Crown of Life (James 1: 12, Revelation 2: 10) – This reward is for Believers who faithfully endure and persevere under the tests, persecutions and trials of earthly life.
d. The Crown of Rejoicing (1 Thessalonians 2: 19) – This reward is for Believers who share the Gospel of God’s Grace and win people for Christ.
e. The Crown of Glory (1 Peter 5: 1-4) – This reward is for Pastors, Elders, and Church Leaders who graciously and lovingly shepherd and overee God’s people, by setting the example, while feeding them with God’s Word and love.
2. The Judgment for Old Testament Believers (Daniel 12: 1-3) – All Old Testament Believers (like Abraham, Moses, David) will be resurrected and rewarded after the Second Coming of Jesus Christ (with touchdown in Israel), and before the Millennium.
3. The Judgment of Tribulation Believers (Revelation 20: 4-6) – During Tribulation, those who trust in Jesus Christ, beheaded and die for their faith will be resurrected and rewarded at the end of the 7-years Tribulation.
Tribulation Believers, Old Testament Believers and Church-age Believers will all reign here on Earth together with Jesus Christ – the King of Kings – during the Millennium.
4. The Judgment of Israelis still living at Jesus’ Second Coming (Ezekiel 20: 34-38) – All Israelis who survive the Tribulation will be judged in the wilderness. The saved ones will enter Jesus’ Millennial Kingdom, and the lost will be purged.
5. The Judgment of the Sheep and the Goats (Matthew 25: 31-46) – All Gentiles (non-Jews) who survive the Tribulaton will be judged primarily on how they treated the Israelis.The saved will enter Jesus’ Millennial Kingdom and the lost will be cursed into the eternal Lake of Fire (Hell).
The saved Israelis and the saved Gentiles will then populate the Earth during Jesus’ Millennial reign.
The Millennium would be a reign of joy, peace, justice, economic prosperity, and universal worship, and the presence of God here on Earth in Jesus Christ, who is reigning together with Believers. The popular Chistmas song, “Joy to the World”, will be realized during this period.
6. The Judgment of Satan and Fallen Angels (Revelation 20: 7-10) – The final punitive judgment of Satan and the fallen angels (demons who also rebelled against God) will occur after the Millennial Kingdom – the physical reign of King Jesus Christ for 1,000 years here on Earth, over the whole world.
7. The Great White Throne Judgment for all Unbelievers (Revelation 20: 11-15). The final punitive judgment of all unsaved people (Unbelievers from the time of Adam up to the Millennium) will take place at the end of Millennium.
Unbelievers will be judged based on 2 books: Book of Deeds (sins) and Book of Life.
If anyone’s name is not written in the Lamb’s (Jesus) Book of Life, he/she was thrown in the Lake of Fire – a place of torment, day and night for ever and ever.
Did you notice that, in all of the 7 Judgments, Father God do not judge by Himself and in abstensia? But, Father God has commited all judgments to His Son, Jesus Christ! (Acts 10: 42, John 5: 22-27).
Jesus Christ, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords (Revelation 19: 16), will judge all people – face to face.
Right now, is your name already written in the Lamb’s (Jesus) Book of Life – so you may surely be in Heaven with God for all eternity? (Revelation 20: 15, 21: 27).
C. WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
In His love, mercy and grace, God allows each man to choose before he dies whether to accept or reject God’s Son, Jesus Christ, as his Savior and Lord (just like what the 2 thieves, crucified with Jesus Christ, did in Luke 23: 32-43).
As a Believer, Jesus Christ (your Sinless Substitute) took away and paid in full the penalty of ALL your sins through His sinless life, His death on the cross, and His resurrection from the dead.
And your name is permanently written in Jesus” (Lamb’s) Book of Life. (Revelation 20: 15).
So, when Jesus Christ, your Savior and Lord, has taken away and paid in full the penalty of ALL your sins, what is the remaining sin in you that God must punish? NOTHING!
But then, why wait for the last moment of your life in order to decide on Who is Jesus Christ to you? (John 3: 16-18).
Remember, you are just 1 heartbeat away from eternal punishment or eternal reward. If your hearbeat stops NOW, then you will surely find yourself in a place/company you will love (Heaven) or abhor (Hell), forever. Hence, the key is NOW!
“I tell you, NOW is the time of God’s favor (grace, Gift) , NOW is the day of salvation.” (2 Corinthians 6: 2).