“They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.”
(Revelation 20: 4).
Did you know that the popular song, “Joy to the World”, was not intended as a Christmas carol but it’s a song for the MILLENNIUM? In fact, it was originally titled, “The Messiah’s Coming and Kingdom”, when it first appeared in Isaac Watt’s hymnal in the year 1719.
Check for yourself some of its text below:
“Joy to the world! the Lord is come! Let earth receive her king …
Joy to the world the Savior reigns …
No more let sins and sorrow grow, nor thorns infest the ground …
He rules the world with truth and grace …”
So what is the MILLENNIUM all about?
MILLENNIUM is the first 1,000 years reign of Jesus Christ and Believers (saints) here on earth after the 7 years of Tribulation. And it will be sandwiched by 2 resurrections (of the righteous and of the wicked) and 2 major defeats of Satan.
A. Before the Millennium
1. After the Battle of Armageddon, Satan is bound and imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit for 1,000 years so he cannot deceive the inhabitants of the earth. (Revelation 20: 1-3).
2. Old Testament and Tribulation saints are resurrected. (Revelation 20: 4). They will join the Believers (those who were resurrected during the Rapture) as co-rulers with Jesus Christ during the Millennium.
B. During the Millennium
1. MILLENNIUM is almost an ideal society or Utopia, a revived paradise here on earth or a return to the Garden of Eden.
2. Jesus Christ will literally and physically reign in Jerusalem (Israel), His center of government, as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
3. Those who are blessed to be part in the first resurrection (Believers, Old Testament and Tribulation saints) will reign with Christ – as priests and kings – in their glorified bodies.
4. God will fulfill His covenants and promises to Abraham and David (blessings, land, King, kingdom etc.) during this period. Israel’s land will stretch from the Mediterranean Sea up to the Euphrates River.
5. The world will have a theocratic – not democratic, monarchic, communistic, or aristocratic – form of government or GOD reigning here on earth.
6. After the Tribulation, living Jews and Gentile Believers – those who helped the Jews from persecution by the forces of the Antichrist – will be the natural men and women who will begin to populate the earth. They are in their natural bodies and so their children are still sinners who need the grace of GOD through faith in Jesus Christ in order to be saved.
7. The world will experience universal peace, prosperity, justice, health, and the knowledge and worship of GOD during this period. The whole world’s dream contained in Isaiah 2: 4 of: “Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.” will be realized.
8. There will be massive increase in world population as people will live longer reaching almost 1,000 years and women are very fruitful. In fact, if you live only for 100 years during this period, it means you’re just an infant and is cursed. Death penalty is imposed on grave sinners because the Lord will rule with an iron scepter.
9. The animal kingdom will also experience radical change. No more pierce or poisonous creatures as animals will be as these were in the Garden of Eden – plant-eaters. “The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on my holy mountain.” says the LORD. (Isaiah 65: 25).
10. After 1,000 years, Satan is released from prison, will deceive the nations again and they will wage war against GOD and His people. But fire will come down from Heaven to devour all rebels who sided with Satan. (Revelation 20: 7-9).
All these simply means that despite 1,000 years of peace, prosperity, justice, health, and all, the human heart is still sinful, depraved and rebellious against GOD. Hence, GOD’s final judgment and punishment is justified.
C. After the Millennium
1. Satan is thrown in the lake of fire where the Antichrist and the False Prophet were previously thrown alive. Both are still alive even after being tormented, day and night, for 1,000 years and more. (Revelation 20: 10). Remember, the Bible don’t teach annihilation for anyone.
2. And then, the second resurrection or the resurrection of the wicked – from Adam’s time up to the end of the Millennium – will occur prior the Great White Throne Judgment (final Judgment Day for most people). (Revelation 20: 11-13).
NOW, the BIG QUESTION is, would you like to be a co-ruler during the MILLENNIUM?
When you absolutely, positively want to reign here on earth with Jesus Christ during the Millennium, then this Bible-based eBook, HEAVEN? (It’s *FREE! And so is Hell.), is for you. Come, grab it now by just clicking any of the following sources or links:
“I tell you, NOW is the time of GOD’s favor, NOW is the day of salvation.” (God’s Word as written in 2 Corinthians 6: 2 of the Bible.)